Implementing Disability/Adapted Sports in Physical Education and Recreational Programming
This is a previously recorded webinar.
After purchase, access this webinar through Webinar on Demand on your log-in screen.
Date Recorded: Tuesday, September 15, 2015
This webinar introduces participants to disability/adapted/Paralympic sports and how they can be included in a physical education program or used to promote extracurricular sport opportunities for students with disabilities. The session will begin with a discussion on the Paralympics and the opportunities the event affords for developing critical thinking skills on difference, diversity and ability. The webinar will describe several disability and adapted sports that can be implementing easily, including boccia, goalball and sitting volleyball. Class materials will include lesson plans that break down the skills and illustrate modified games and assessments to measure learning.
- Participants will identify three sports to incorporate into their physical education, adapted physical education or recreation programs.
- Participants will connect disability sports with recreational opportunities for individuals with disabilities.
- Participants will identify skill progressions for targeted disability/adapted sports.
- Participants will discuss the value of disability and adapted sports for enhancing knowledge on difference, ability and the competencies required to participate in sports.
- Participants will describe potential assessment protocols used with disability sports.
SHAPE America members must login first to receive the discounted price.
Discounted member price:
You could save: