PASS: Creating a Physically Active School System
This is a previously recorded webinar.
After purchase, access this webinar through Webinar on Demand on your log-in screen.
Date Recorded: Tuesday, October 27, 2015
This webinar addresses the needs and benefits of utilizing movement to prepare the brain for learning and provides participants with information about the components of a physically active school, why schools should provide physical activity programs, and the physical and cognitive benefits for students who participate in such a program. Presenters provide classroom strategies and activities that reinforce classroom concepts, Common Core State Standards and 21st century learning skills that stimulate the brain in preparation for learning. Join the PASS movement to educate our students on the many benefits of living a physically active lifestyle. Let's get moving together!
- Participants will receive research-based evidence and information that can be disseminated to students, faculty/staff, administrators, parents and community leaders about the importance of becoming a Physically Active School System.
- Participants will learn how to complete a needs assessment and create an action plan to begin the implementation of PASS.
- Participants will learn the importance of making connections between mind and body.
- Participants will learn why exercise improves learning and how to lead students through research-based and classroom-tested exercises that result in academic competency.
- Participants will learn how to use academic content and movement to help students meet the Common Core State Standards and increase academic performance.
SHAPE America members must login first to receive the discounted price.
Discounted member price:
You could save: