The Influence of a Coach: An Educator's View
This is a previously recorded webinar.
After purchase, access this webinar through Webinar on Demand on your log-in screen.
Date Recorded: Tuesday, November 17, 2015
This presentation will discuss the strong influence coaches have on the student-athletes under their charge, both on and off the field. Coaches who use an education- and character-based approach to athletics can help prepare students for the challenges they may face in their lives. This webinar will offer suggestions about how to take full advantage of the positive influence a coach can and should have on their student-athletes, and will explore questions such as "Why do I coach?" and "What does it feel like to be coached by me?"
- To spotlight the goal of coaching in an education-based athletic program.
- To encourage current and future coaches to take a step back and examine why they coach, what they hope to give back and what they hope to gain by coaching.
- To help participants see the value of connecting lessons in the classroom to lessons on the field.
- To promote the meaning of education-based athletics.
- To promote the meaning of character-based athletics.
SHAPE America members must login first to receive the discounted price.
Discounted member price:
You could save: