Return to JFRH/HFH Homepage
Jump Rope For Heart and Hoops For Heart Recognition Awards
America is proud of its partnership of more than 39 years with the
American Heart Association, sponsoring Jump Rope For Heart (JRFH) and
Hoops For Heart (HFH). Each year SHAPE America recognizes up to two Jump
Rope For Heart and Hoops For Heart coordinators to receive the
prestigious SHAPE America JRFH/HFH Recognition Award.
winners exemplify leadership in the Jump Rope For Heart and Hoops For
Heart programs at the state, district or national level. These
individuals are recognized at the SHAPE America National Convention
awards ceremony, where they are honored in front of their peers for
their dedication and commitment to the Jump Rope For Heart and Hoops For
The recipient shall:
Eligibility and Award Criteria*
- Be a current member of SHAPE America.
- Have a minimum of three years of experience as a Jump Rope For Heart/Hoops For Heart event coordinator.
- Maintain professional growth within the field of P.E., P.A. and/or Health Education.
- Serve as a positive role model, epitomizing personal health and fitness,
enjoyment of activity and sportsmanship as well as sensitivity to the
needs of all participants.
- Demonstrate leadership and commitment to the Jump Rope For Heart and/or Hoops For Heart program by
serving on JRFH/HFH committees, as a demonstration team coach or as a
state or district coordinator, and/or by presenting JRFH/HFH workshops
*Previous JRFH and HFH Recognition Award recipients and Joint Projects Committee members are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
- Applications must be submitted electronically.
- Email complete application to Yasmeen Taji-Farouki at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will receive a confirmation email upon receipt of your complete application.
All applications must be received by 12 a.m. EST on October 15, 2017.
- Part I —
Official Application Form
- Part II — Curriculum Vitae (maximum 10 pages)
- Part III — Two Letters of Recommendation (one must be from a SHAPE America member)
Recipients will be notified in January 2018. If you have any questions regarding
this award program please contact Yasmeen Taji-Farouki at email@example.com